Prices include shipping within the United States
The TRIcrimp® crimping tool is designed and manufactured exclusively by Powerwerx to provide a positive crimp on the 15-, 30-, & 45-amp contacts manufactured by Anderson Power Products®.
- Crimps all three sizes of Powerpole® contacts: 15-, 30- and 45-amp
- Built-in contact positioner that holds the contact during crimping
- Ratchet mechanism assures proper crimps every time
- Far faster and better than soldering
- Provides the highest strength and the lowest resistance connections possible
- High Contact retention force
Contacts & Jaw Position
The 3 contacts have different amp ratings:
- 15-Amp is designed to receive 16-, 18- and 20-gauge wire.
- 30-Amp is designed to receive 12-, 14-gauge wire.
- 45-Amp is designed to receive 10-gauge wire.
The contact size corresponds to the position marking on the die. The 15-amp contact goes into the 15-amp position, the 30-amp into the 30 position, and 45-amp into the 45 position.
Assembly Instructions 15- & 30- Amp
To crimp the 15- & 30-amp contacts, it is recommended that you insert the wire into the contact prior to inserting them into the tool. Then, with the flat side of the contact down, insert the contact tip into the proper slot for crimping.
Squeeze the ratchet handle until the ratchet mechanism releases. Do not over crimp by squeezing the handles together until they touch, it is possible to break the die.
Assembly Instructions 45-Amp
To crimp the 45-amp contact, it is recommended that you position the 45-amp contact tip into the 45-amp position slot before the wire is inserted. Make sure the contact is properly positioned with the U (open contact) facing up. If the contact is lying sideways, you may not obtain a proper crimp. Then, insert your wire into the inserted contact.
Squeeze the ratchet handle until the ratchet mechanism releases. Do not over crimp by squeezing the handles together until they touch; it is possible to break the die.