Free shipping within the United States on orders over $50*
AC to DC Power Supply:
For a solution that never needs recharging, the MATE Center recommends an AC to DC, 30 amp power supply that plugs into an AC outlet and provides a constant source of 12 volt DC power that the ROV needs. This power supply can operate two PufferFish vehicles at once without issue.
SAFETY NOTE: Since this converter is being used near water, you MUST plug this converter into a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) protected outlet or have a GFCI plug on the end of the converter. DO NOT PLUG THIS INTO A STANDARD WALL SOCKET WITHOUT GFCI PROTECTION.
MATE also recommends keeping the AC to DC converter in a ventilated splash-proof container or case. A small plastic tub turned upside down will work to keep splashes off the power supply.
The GFCI included in this package is rated for 120VAC. Users outside of North America, with 220VAC (or other voltage) systems, should purchase and use a GFCI with the proper voltage and Hertz ratings. See Power Systems Around the World. While SeaMATE does not sell these products, users can find a GFCI rated for their power at other online retailers.
The Powerwerx Switching Power Supply Model SS-30DV is designed to supply 25 Amps continuous and 30 Amps surge (up to 5 minutes) at 14.1 VDC. Loads can be connected to either the rear binding posts or the front Powerpole connectors. Any output may provide up to 30 Amps individually, and the total output is limited at 30 Amps.
- Front Connection: 2 sets of Powerpole connectors
- Rear Connection: 1/4 inch binding posts that also accept banana plugs, 1/4 inch ring terminals or compression connections
- Illuminated Power Switch
- Input Range: 100-120 VAC or 200-240 VAC, 50/60Hz (Switchable) New!
- Output Voltage: 14.1 VDC fixed
- Output Amperage: 25 continuous, 30 surge
- Internal Protection: Thermal, over current
- Internal Input Fuse: 6.3 Amps at 115 VAC
- Ripple Peak-to-Peak Max. <100mVpp
- Noise Peak-to-Peak Max. <100mVpp
- Operating temperature rating: 0 – 50 °C
- Storage temperature: -20 – 85 °C
Physical dimensions and materials:
- Weight: 3.0 lbs. (48 oz.)
- Overall Dimensions: 6.1 x 5 x 2.5 in (154mm long, 127mm wide, 63mm tall)
- Fan: Quiet internal cooling fan
- Machined metal case front bezel
- Meets FCC CFR Title 47 Part 15 Subpart B: Class B, CISPR: 2005 ANSI C63.4: 2003
- Meets CE/LVD (Low-Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC) standard
- Meets EMC: EN 55022:206+A1: 2007, 2010, EN 61000-3-2:2006
The Powerpole connectors mounted on the front panel conform to the RACES/ARES standard orientation.
Input Voltage Selection
The power supply is set up for 230V AC input as shipped from the factory. For 115V AC applications, set the recessed 115/230 input select switch located on the rear of the power supply into the proper position. Positions are identified on the switch. Use a small screwdriver to slide the switch into position. No adjustment is necessary for either 50 or 60 Hz input.
- Unplug the power supply from the mains supply outlet.
- Select the correct input voltage (See Input Voltage Selection).
- Connect the power cables positive (red) wire to the positive terminal and connect the negative (black) wire to the negative terminal on the back of the power supply or use the Powerpole connectors mounted on the front panel.
- Plug the power cable into the power socket on the back of the radio.
- Plug the power supply into the mains supply outlet.
The SS-30DV power supply is cooled by convection and forced air cooling (normal airflow around the power supply in combination with a temperature-controlled fan to improve cooling at higher levels of use). The fan is activated by a sensor when the temperature rises above 70°C.
*The continental United States is the area of the United States of America that is located in the continent of North America. The contiguous United States (also known as the United States Mainland) does not include Alaska, Hawaii, or any other territories under the control of the United States.